Friday, July 14, 2006

Ready, Set, CHEMO

I have been feeling really good during the day and really tired in the evenings the past couple of days. I am getting more strength and doing more things and it wears me out. Yesterday and today I got a lot of cleaning done (with the gracious help of my dh and sil). I am very tired and very happy tonight.

The nurse called yesterday and we are a GO for chemo on Tues. So, on Monday we go in to check the incision and on Tuesday we go into same day surgery for the porta cath to be put in on my chest, then straight to chemo. I am anxious to see how the week turns out. I don't know if I will be sick or tired or both....

Had a wonderful meal again tonight, thanks again to all you amazing angel chefs. For the first time in a while I got a few hours of peace while a friend took the kids. It was wonderful, I took a long hot shower and had a nice visit. I wanted very badly to go to dh's game tonight, but I am afraid of the heat and very exhausted so I elected to stay home. Had more wonderful friends who took the kids to the game for a couple of hours, but now we are home and getting ready for bed. I am planning on a nice relaxing weekend, in the air conditioning...

No comments: