Friday, July 28, 2006

Tales of Texas Trip Day 2, Even the Walmarts are BIG!


Today we were up early. We left to visit my great aunt in Bennbrook. Her daughter was also there. We visited for a bit and then went to an Indian restaurant for lunch. I think it was called Maharaja. It was a buffet. I didn't recognize anything. It was tasty and very interesting for my palate. I enjoyed this tomato soup and the flat bread called nan. The cucumber dill sauce on a salad was also good. I am not sure about the rest of the flavors. This is probably not the best time in the world for me to try new foods. Lately, I either don't have a taste for anything or I am hungry for everything. The best part about the whole meal was the conversation. My baby niece slept through the whole meal. It was so great to see family. We spent the rest of the day reminiscing about the past and fighting about whether we are 2nd cousins and how our children and our cousins children are related. We discussed it for awhile until we just decided on saying what my great aunt's mom used to say, "We're 52nd cousins." I like that. Does it really matter what we are called? We're family. That's the truth.
On the way home from my great aunt's we stopped (you guessed it) at Super Walmart. We needed to get some groceries for the BBQ. We spent at least an hour in there. It was well after 8 before we made it home and unpacked and sat down for a turkey sandwich. We are back in Waxahachie and my aunt is here and my other aunt and more cousins are due to arrive any moment. I just called my dh and he said my daughter JUMPED OFF THE BOARD tonight. I missed it. She has been a fish lately and I knew she was close to doing it. I can't believe she did it. I guess my son tried it, too. I wish I could have been there, but they will continue to grow and learn new things every day and I can't possibly be there for every single thing. I am feeling well, tired, but good. I know we will be up late into the night visiting for the next few days, so I am going to try and get some rest now.

No comments: